A Step-By-Step Comprehensive Guide For Use In Dubai, Abu Dhabi, And The Other Emirates
Do you want to apply for a UAE Golden Visa but are unsure where to begin? Recently, the UAE announced an amendment to the nation’s visa policy, with the new visas taking effect on October 3. The categories that qualify for a Golden Visa have also been enlarged, according to the release. So, are you eligible to apply for a Golden Visa? If so, how exactly? Here is everything you require to know.
1. Find Out If You Are Eligible
Discovering your Golden Visa eligibility is the first step to take. You must choose which category you can apply. Because numerous categories announced in the most recent change to the visa system. An online resource has been developed by the Abu Dhabi Residents Office (ADRO), a division devoted to assisting newcomers in settling in Abu Dhabi. To determine if you qualify for the Golden Visa, please respond to the following 17 questions. This tool may be a good place to start to determine your eligibility even if you are applying for a visa from another Emirate.
2. Get Your Documents/Recommendations Ready
Finding out how to obtain the required documentation is the next step after you have determined which category you might fall under for the long-term visa. You might need a referral from the relevant government department for some categories. For instance, if you are applying as a “creative professional,” you will require a recommendation from the Ministry of Culture and Youth or, if you are applying in Dubai, the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority (Dubai Culture).
Call the Amer service in Dubai at 800 5111 to acquire a list of all the documents you could require for your category. Visa applications submitted by Americenters on behalf of the General Directorate
You can get in touch with ADRO at 800 555 if you are applying for the Golden Visa in Abu Dhabi. The Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP), which oversees all other Emirates, can reach at (6005-22222).
3. Beginning of the Application Process
However, you can begin the application procedure. If you are certain that, you meet the requirements for your category of the Golden Visa. You have the option of completing this step online. Alternatively, in person, at an Amer centre in Dubai, or an ICP customer happiness centre.
4. Dubai – Online
The GDRFA lets candidates to begin the procedure online. If they are applying for the visa in Dubai.
- To learn more, click to https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services. Choose the Golden Visa category you want to apply
- If you already have a GDRFA account, sign in with it. You can also sign in by using your UAE Pass.
- Start by entering information about your current residence in the form, such as your residence visa number, UID number, registered tenancy contract, and International Bank Account (IBAN) number.
- Your copy of your passport, a copy of your Emirates ID, and any other documents proving your eligibility for the Golden Visa category as request.
- Make the payment; you will then be prompted to provide the application’s mandatory payments.
After submitting the application, you will get an SMS if any supporting documents require. Within 30 days, applicants must submit the necessary documents; otherwise, their applications may cancel. Therefore, you will receive an SMS and email if your application is accepted.
- Residency visa fees – Dh2,790
- Emirates ID fees – Dh1,070
5. Dubai’s Amer Center
By following these steps, you can also apply for the Golden Visa through an Amer center:
- Visit a branch of Amer Centre services.
- At the front desk, choose the service you need.
- Give the service representative the necessary paperwork.
- Cover the costs.
After submitting the application, you will get an SMS if any supporting documents may need. Within 30 days, applicants must submit the necessary documentation; else, their applications will be cancelled.
You will receive an SMS and email if your application is accepted.
Residency visa fees – Dh2790
Emirates ID fees – Dh1070
6. Other Emirates Online
By doing the following actions, you can begin the Golden Visa application process:
- Request the “Request for Golden Visa nomination” service. To obtain a Golden Visa in Abu Dhabi, go to https://www.tamm.abudhabi/journeys/receive-a-Golden-Visa
- Visit the following website to access the Golden Services Dashboard for all other Emirates: https://smartservices.icp.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/guest/index.html#/
- Log in and begin the form’s completion by entering your current address, your registered tenancy agreement, and your international bank account (IBAN) number.
- Your copy of your passport, a copy of your Emirates ID, and any other documents proving your eligibility for the Golden Visa category as per request.
- Make the application’s payment.
After you submit the request, you will be given a tracking number so you may check the status of the request. You will be instructed to visit an ICP customer happiness center to finish the application process once your application has been approved.
After submitting the application, you must wait to hear from ICP regarding the status of your request.
- Complete the medical fitness test.
You must complete a medical fitness exam after the relevant immigration authority approves your application. Click here to read a thorough guide on how to arrange for a medical fitness test to be performed in the UAE.
- Request your Emirates ID.
Applying for your Emirates ID is the next step, which you can accomplish by going to an ICP customer delight centre. Visit the following website to locate an ICP customer happiness centre close to you: https://icp.gov.ae/en/customer-happiness-centers